“Is a Stalker following you?”
Stalkerware – the digital stalker, defined as a monitoring software/mobile application installed onto someone’s device without his/her consent, with the intention to facilitate unauthorized surveillance (stalking) and abuse of the user’s privacy.
Here is what you should know about Stalkerware and what it is capable of doing if it’s on your device!
- A wide range of apps someone else has installed on your device without YOUR consent
- Able to gain access to, record and transmit your private information (location, call logs, text messages, web activities, etc)
- Difficult to identify as it is specifically designed with an innocuous icon to trick you
- Typically associated with domestic abuse and cyberstalking cases
- A potential threat to anyone with a mobile device
At CyberQuote, we believe training the users is key to having great cyber hygiene. Our Cyber-Safeguard Awareness Programme (C-SAP), which is accredited by the Institute of Banking and Finance (IBF), is designed for companies to increase cybersecurity awareness of their employees.