Recently, Microsoft has patched six major security vulnerabilities (zero-day bugs) that have been exploited by hackers in its latest June Windows Update. Internet of Things (IoT) devices such as computers have fallen prey, as hackers utilize these loopholes to penetrate and breach computers’ security in planned attacks.
To fend off hackers from leveraging on security vulnerabilities, here is how you can keep your computer systems safe and updated!
- Ensure that your antivirus software stays up-to-date
- Perform Windows update regularly to stay protected against any known bugs for your device
- Conduct daily antivirus scanning whenever possible
- Make certain that your internet browser(s) are up-to-date at all times
- Remember that backing up your data should be a part of every security strategy
At CyberQuote, we believe training the users is key to having great cyber hygiene. Our Cyber-Safeguard Awareness Programme (C-SAP), which is accredited by the Institute of Banking and Finance (IBF), is designed for companies to increase cybersecurity awareness of their employees.