This course is designed for finance professionals who want to gain a deeper understanding and practical knowledge of investment and trading concepts, developed accordingly to IBF standards.
This course is accredited under IBF standards. SkillsFuture credits can be used for this course.
- Equip participants with the professional knowledge of Fundamental and Technical Analysis
- Equip participants with practical skills in devising investment strategies and proper portfolio management techniques
- Enable participants to provide quality sales support and financial advice to their customers
Trading representative, finance professionals and investors who want to gain a deeper understanding and practical knowledge of investment and trading concepts
- Introduction to Equities Investment, how financial market ecosystem works and the impact of market trends
- Fundamental Analysis, to determine a company’s intrinsic value
- Technical Analysis, to determine the existence and strength of trends to forecast future price movements and market positions to take
- Behavioural Finance, to understand how individual irrational financial decisions can impact on investment decisions and performance of investments
- Complete Equities Investment System, to derive a process in making rational investment decisions through understanding of individual investment objective with active risk management and accounting techniques
- Raise performance with improved awareness of financial markets and advisory skills
- Proving value to clients with improved client servicing skills
- Career progression in the financial industry towards senior dealers/remisiers and head of dealing team
- Building themselves as credible wealth-advisors and providing
assurance to their clients
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible courses. SkillsFuture credits can be used for this course.
For more information on how to claim your SkillsFuture credits, please refer to SkillsFuture website.
IBF – STS Funding
The IBF Standards Training Scheme (“IBF-STS”) provides funding for training and assessment programmes accredited under the IBF Standards. This scheme is eligible for company-sponsored or non-company sponsored participants who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents, physically based in Singapore, and who have successfully completed an IBF-STS accredited programme. Financial Institutions (MAS licensed or exempt entities), involved in or supporting financial sector activities, are eligible to submit claims for company-sponsored participants.
For all IBF-STS programmes commencing on or after 1 July 2016, Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above will be eligible for 90% co-funding of direct training costs, subject to existing grant caps of S$7,000 per programme. Singapore Permanent Residents will continue to be eligible for 70% co-funding of direct training costs for IBF-STS programmes.
For more information, please refer to IBF website.
Note: Participants are required to bring their laptop for hands-on purpose