What are the DOs and DON’Ts of handling sensitive and confidential information at work? Learn how you can not only better protect confidential business information but yourself as well!
- Share files with authorized personnel only
- Obtain permission for secondary use of data (uses other than originally approved)
- Remove all confidential or sensitive data from your workstation before it leaves your control
- Protect saved or printed reports that represent sensitive or confidential data
- Gossip or share with others sensitive information you have access to
- Look up confidential information for co-workers who do not have access without supervisor approval
- Store your confidential files on public or unsecured network file servers
- Throw confidential reports in the trash without shredding them first
For more information on how to safeguard your company’s sensitive information, please feel free to contact us today!