Ever since the COVID-19 pandemic has pushed most businesses from all over the world to operate from home, people have been familiarized with the video conferencing app, Zoom. Zoom is now widely used by businesses for meetings, online learning and, even group exercise activities. With this tremendous growth within a short period of time, Zoom has become a target for cyber hackers.
Here are a few safety tips for Zoom Meeting hosts:
- Be sure to have the latest version of the Zoom app and update it regularly
- Set ‘require registration’ to ensure that your meeting is secured
- Share your meeting ID and password with rightful participants ONLY
- Ensure only authorized participants are allowed to join by disabling ‘join before host’ and using ‘enable waiting room’ function instead
- Lock your meetings once all expected attendees have joined
- Be extra careful when sharing screen and hide all confidential documents before doing so
- End the meeting instead of just leaving if you are the host
At CyberQuote, we believe training the users is key to having great cyber hygiene. Our Cyber-Safeguard Awareness Programme (C-SAP), which is accredited by the Institute of Banking and Finance (IBF), is designed for companies to increase cybersecurity awareness of their employees. CyberQuote also provides solutions for Cyber Hygiene. For more details, please contact us today!