System Vulnerabilities are weaknesses found in computer programs such as system errors or coding errors. Such vulnerabilities can invite malware attacks and exploitation by attackers. Therefore, it is important for businesses to educate their employees on ways to minimize such vulnerabilities. Here are 6 ways to minimize system vulnerabilities.
- Conduct scheduled vulnerability assessment to detect any system vulnerabilities and to have Penetration Testing at least once a year
- Minimize local administrator privileges
- Have daily backups of critical systems/data
- Disable outdated system applications
- Patch software regularly to minimize risk of vulnerabilities
- Enforce good password habits such as creating strong passwords