Ransomware, a type of malicious software, is designed to encrypt a victim’s computer system and files and will only allow access once a ransom is paid. Here are 5 ways to prevent ransomware!
- Install and keep antivirus software updated – Having a reputable and up-to-date antivirus package will block ransomware.
- Be wary of devices plugged into the computer – Remain vigilant when it comes to using external devices such as thumb drives.
- Avoid suspicious emails and links – Do not open suspicious email attachments or click on suspicious links even if you know and trust the sender.
- Provide clear information security policies – Communicate the policies to employees regularly to help them understand the importance of cyber security awareness.
- Download files from only authorised sites – Beware of pirated content and software which are usually sent via sites that include malware.
At CyberQuote, we believe training the users is key to having great cyber hygiene. Our Cyber-Safeguard Awareness Programme (C-SAP), which is accredited by the Institute of Banking and Finance (IBF), is designed for companies to increase cyber security awareness of their employees. CyberQuote also provides solutions for Cyber Hygiene. For more details, please contact us today!