Phishing is a fraudulent method often used to steal user data, such as login credentials and credit card numbers. It occurs when an attacker disguises as a trusted entity, in an attempt to deceive a victim into opening an email, instant message, or text message.
- Do not be lured by rewards to click on email, especially from unknown senders
- Set up multi factor authentication for accessing sensitive information
- Do not use unauthorized Wi-Fi networks for sending confidential information
- Always log out of workstations when not in use
- Do not click on suspicious links or attachments
MAS has recently issued new requirements for financial institutions (“FIs”) in Singapore to implement essential cyber security measures to protect their IT systems. CyberQuote’s IBF-Approved C-SAP programme is a 4–Step–Tailored–Programme including stimulated phishing attack and user awareness workshop to “mitigate the risk of malware infection” and help your company comply with MAS’s requirements. For more details, please contact us!